Table of Contents
What is a VPN?
The problem with the internet is that it’s insecure primarily. A VPN creates a private tunnel for the user. VPN (Virtual Private Network) is an internet safety tool that provides you with online privacy and anonymity while using a public internet connection. A virtual private network (VPN) offers digital privacy by creating a private internet network from an existing public internet connection. It encrypts the user’s internet traffic and makes it difficult for third parties to track the user’s online activities. A VPN performs encryption in real-time. It provides a level of anonymous networking by displaying the VPN server’s IP address rather than the user’s IP address. Do you know what a Beacon Interval is? This article on our website explains the details of the Beacon Interval and its effect on your signal stability and performance. If you wish to improve and boost the performance of your Beacon Interval, do give our article a read. IP address spoofing, when implemented correctly, allows users to fool a website into thinking that they are from another region. This is where a VPN service proves useful. Below we have an in-depth and detailed review for NordVPN Vs ExpressVPN.
NordVPN VS ExpressVPN
Nord VPN :
Nord VPN is one of the best-downloaded VPNs in the industry. It was once the market leader in the year 2019. NordVPN is owned by Tefincom & Co. And their headquarters are located in Panama, which also includes the fact that the 14 eyes alliance does not bind Nord VPN.
It has military-grade levels of encryption, has servers all around the world, and is reasonably priced. Nord VPN provides a variety of features. One of them is overcoming Netflix’s VPN defenses so that their customers can watch shows or movies streaming in particular countries. Nord VPNs mobile app is far better than what most VPN applications provide. Unlike other VPN Services, Nord VPN offers a lot of features bundled with the essential protection plan it offers. Nord VPN also provides a paid add-on over its subscription plan. The add-on features the ability to use a static IP Address. Users can choose an address for a number of host countries like the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, and the Netherlands.
It is pretty user-friendly. Nord VPN boasts support for up to six simultaneous connections. Nord VPN provides all the main features that you’d expect from a VPN service, including strong encryption and high performance, a kill switch, and DNS leak protection. In addition, some parts are provided which are not found in other VPN services, such as double data encryption and onion support for extra security, malware, and phishing protection. P2P is one of its strong points and no-logging policies.
Express VPN is also one of the most popular VPN applications on the market. It is one of the fastest and most trustworthy VPN services available. It can unlock most of the online streaming services. The VPN service is also torrent-friendly as it allows peer-to-peer networking. Express VPN is comparatively more expensive than its rivals. Express VPN has introduced its proprietary VPN protocol called light way. It’s almost double or triple the speed of Express VPNs’ previous protocol, OpenVPN. Express VPN Averaged 135 Mbps across all regions. Express VPN also performs decently when it comes to gaming. It’s a desktop app that also comes with an inbuilt speed tester.
Five devices of a particular user can be connected simultaneously. The app design is fairly consistent across all platforms. One of Express VPN’s most important features is the Trusted server technology. It automatically erases all users’ private data and browsing history once the system is shut down. This system also provides extra security against hackers. Usually, the problem with this industry is that the data is retained in the hard drives of the VPN service provider until they’re manually erased. This creates a potential privacy risk if there’s a leak. Express VPN also provides inbuilt leak protection. Express VPN is also noted to work exceptionally well for Tor due to its excellent speeds, 256-bit encryption, kill switch, and RAM-based servers. However, ExpressVPN does not come along with an inbuilt ad blocker.
Advantages of Nord VPN over Express VPN :
- Nord VPN has a kill switch on Android that immediately terminates the data when not used, while ExpressVPN does not provide this feature on Android.
- This VPN Service has dedicated servers for peer-to-peer networking.
- Nord VPN is cheaper(100$ for a year as compared to 100$ for three months on express VPN)
- The company NordVPN offers a discount for the yearly plan by providing the VPN service for $59. However, after the completion of a year, the plan will cost upwards of $100.
- Nord VPN lets a user connect six devices, while ExpressVPN allows up to five devices
- Nord VPN allows users to connect to the same IP every time a user logs in, while ExpressVPN allows users to connect to the same region but not the same IP. (This is usually relevant to some people as their accounts might get banned as it will look like suspicious behavior when connecting to the VPN every time)
- Nord VPN offers better encryption than its counterparts.
- More servers (5,400+ as compared to 3000+ for ExpressVPN)
- It has an inbuilt ad blocker
- Offers VPN chaining(Routes traffic through 2 servers, encrypting packets twice over)
Advantages of ExpressVPN over NordVPN :
- Express VPN has good router configuration documentation.
- A user has the option to enable higher and faster download and upload speeds while using Express VPN.
- ExpressVPN offers better customer support.
- Split tunneling on all platforms is available on ExpressVPN
Both the VPN services, NordVPN vs ExpressVPN, perform very similarly, with a few minor differences. Both of these VPN services offer decent data transfer speed, a good level of encryption, proper customer satisfaction, etc.
Ultimately, we will suggest you go with NordVPN, as it is a better option. It’s fast enough while providing a good level of encryption. It has more servers to choose from and also a dedicated IP address option. Both offer a 30-day money-back guarantee to test them out in the first person. In the end, everything depends on the taste and preferences of the user.
You may like this: Get The Best Protocol Server Using v2ray